Friday, June 13, 2008

Development and Historians

BLOWN AWAY!
I just attended two sessions of Camp Logos and I am blown away with technology and the information available at our fingertips. The world is changing and our beloved books are changing as well as the digital world digitizes these volumes. Logos is working on photographing the dead sea scrolls and digitizing them so that they are available to search and read. This is an incredible way to preserve these ancient resources; yet, I am a bit saddened. As books are scanned and created in to computer files, the real deal is left on the shelf to yellow. People no longer curl up with their thick comfy books, nope, instead they blow up the zoom and sit with their laptops to read. It makes studying way easier and faster, but I am a history lover. I will always like the old volumes with their yellowing pages, their feel in your hand. I will always want to see the dead sea scrolls myself with my own two eyes.... There is nothing like seeing the real thing.
Nevertheless Logos and the world of digital books is an incredible development, thankfully there will always be people like me to preserve those old things people leave on the shelf to gather cowwebs. Someone still finds them facinating.

No comments:

Welcome!

This is a place to read snipets of history, presented from a Biblical mindset. Learning from the past is essential. One learns the mistakes and successes from our heritage and is guided in wiser paths to make your own stamp on history.